A series of public meetings will be held throughout the study to solicit public input and guidance. A list of tentative dates are included below, and please check back as new events are added throughout the project. If you would like to receive project updates, you can click here to give us your email address and you will also be notified via email prior to each public input meeting.
Briefing to City Assembly and Planning Commission
- The first briefing to the Assembly and Planning Commission was held June 10, 2013 at 6:00 PM. The meeting minutes can be found here.
- A second briefing to the Assembly and Planning Commission was held October 28, 2013 at 6:00 PM. The meeting minutes can be found here.
Public Meetings on Draft Comprehensive Operations Analysis
- Two public open house meetings were held to present initial findings from the study. The first was held at the Valley Library on June 11, 2013 (from 4:00 PM to 6:30 PM and the second was held at the Downtown Library on June 12, 2013 (from 4:00 PM to 6:30 PM). Approximately 30 members of the public attended the meetings.
Public Meeting on Draft Service Scenarios
- Two public open house meetings were held to present draft service scenarios. The first was held at the Valley Library on October 29, 2013 (from 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM) and the second was held at the Downtown Library on October 30, 2013 (from 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM).
Presentation on Draft Recommendations
- Draft recommendations were presented at the CBJ Assembly Committee of the Whole Worksession on Monday, January 13th, 6pm, in the Assembly Chambers. The meeting minutes (when available) can be found here.
Following are the remaining steps in the adoption of the Transit Development Plan:
- February 25 – Planning Commission review and recommendation to the Assembly
- March 10 – Assembly Committee of the Whole work session
- March 17 – potential Assembly adoption by resolution
- Sunday June 9, 2013 (Front Page above the fold): Open House and Survey to Identify Potential Ways to Improve Public Transit Services In Juneau. http://juneauempire.com/local/2013-06-09/open-house-and-survey-identify-potential-ways-improve-public-transit-services#.UbeIguuzL9A
- Tuesday, June 11, 2013 (Front Page): Public meetings on Capital Transit to begin today. http://juneauempire.com/local/2013-06-11/public-meetings-capital-transit-begin-today#.UbeI1-uzL9A
- Wednesday, August 7, 2013: Transit workshop fosters ideas for change. http://juneauempire.com/local/2013-08-07/transit-workshop-fosters-ideas-change#.Ujd5m8bktoY
- October 25, 2013: CBJ exploring Juneau Transit Plan updates. http://juneauempire.com/local/2013-10-25/cbj-exploring-juneau-transit-plan-updates#.UnEx5ZEllWs
- Tuesday, October 29, 2013: City leaders contemplate transit plan updates. http://juneauempire.com/local/2013-10-29/city-leaders-contemplate-transit-plan-updates#.Unk-uBBGYSp
- Friday, November 1, 2013: Longer hours for transit in the future? Opinions heard on transit plan update, components to be taken from 3 scenarios. http://juneauempire.com/local/2013-11-01/longer-hours-transit-future#.Unk_Pvmsh8F
- Tuesday, January 14, 2014: City leaders question transit plan change. http://www.ktoo.org/2013/06/07/juneau-afternoon-6913/
- Tuesday June 11, 2013: Capital Transit wants Juneau feedback. http://www.ktoo.org/2013/06/11/capital-transit-wants-juneau-feedback/
- Tuesday, October 29, 2013: Public meetings this week on Capital Transit plan. http://www.ktoo.org/2013/10/29/public-meetings-this-week-on-capital-transit-plan/
- Monday, January 13, 2014: Capital Transit could expand to Riverside Drive but not Costco. http://www.ktoo.org/2014/01/13/capital-transit-could-expand-to-riverside-drive-but-not-costco//
- Tuesday, June 11, 2013: CBJ Transit study now in fact finding phase. http://www.kinyradio.com/juneaunews/latest_juneau_news.html